Encoders hold the key to ultra-accurate motion control
21 February 2018
Aerotech, continuing its commitment to the art and science of motion control, looks to Renishaw for versatile, high-precision laser interferometer encoders for its medical stages.
PITTSBURGH, PA – Aerotech is renowned for its high-precision positioning tables, stages and systems. Started in 1970, the company maintains its passion for developing precision motion control solutions for worldwide customers in industry, government, science, and research. Aerotech customers are the “better, stronger, faster,” crowd – always pushing the boundaries of precision – and the company delivers through development of motion control products which factor in variables that cause measurement uncertainty, down to the encoder. A long-time relationship with Renishaw led the company to a compact, yet highly accurate, encoder that enables high-precision measurement simply by being smaller. It discovered that the RLE laser interferometer encoder allowed designers to close the distance to the point of measurement, greatly minimising a key contributor to measurement uncertainty on precision machines.
- Case study: Encoders hold the key to ultra-accurate motion control [744kB]
- Case study: Encoders hold the key to ultra-accurate motion control [102kB]
- RLU laser [5.4MB]
- RLE installation and alignment [2.6MB]
- Sistema de leitor interferométrico laser RLE [gen] [2.0MB]
- RLE compact laser head [3.1MB]
- RLE system on XY stage [2.9MB]